Turmeric is the most common type of spice used in Indian households. From ancient times, turmeric is believed to have anti-oxidant and healing properties that are quite beneficial for the body and skin. According to Ayurveda, the characteristics of turmeric are hot, light, dry, and bitter in taste. It is an anti-inflammatory and a blood tonic (stimulates blood circulation).
It promotes ovulation in women, best for treating skin infections, antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial. Also, it acts as a pain killer that enhances the healing of the wound. Turmeric has been proven to help in chemotherapy recovery too. Let’s have a look at 10 ways how different forms of turmeric are beneficial for your body:
- Love rice but afraid of gaining weight? Turmeric has your back there. Try adding a dash of turmeric powder while cooking rice. However, it is necessary to consume only organic turmeric powder for the best results. Some genuine retailers provide hand-processed turmeric powder for cooking purposes.
- Turmeric is also very beneficial in cleansing the liver and kidney to promote good health. Having a cleansing juice on a regular basis can help you to clean your liver and kidney effectively.
- As stated above, turmeric helps in curing several forms of skin infections. You can use turmeric in your skincare regime or even better, you can use turmeric soap to make your skin free from infections. It is suitable for all skin types.
- Turmeric also has some bleaching properties. Many ayurvedic cosmetics have turmeric in an appropriate ratio as your skin requires. Using a face wash daily that has turmeric as its active ingredient helps you to maintain your face glow and radiance.
- High cholesterol is a common yet serious condition in today’s time. However, turmeric is known for preventing and even curing high cholesterol that in turn promotes heart health as well. You can have a turmeric juice that effectively helps you in preventing high cholesterol.
- Having common cold or inflammation in the throat? Try consuming turmeric jelly or a tablet that helps in relieving pain and nasal congestion quickly.
- Lose weight with ultimate ease with the help of turmeric. Having a turmeric power shot daily can help your body to increase metabolism that leads you to lose weight effectively.
- Turmeric is also a well-known ingredient in boosting your immunity. In the present pandemic scenario, it is important to have strong immunity to prevent yourself from dangerous viruses out there. For this, you can take a turmeric power shot daily to strengthen your overall health.
- Consuming organic turmeric juice daily is a proven way to have younger-looking and healthy skin. As turmeric possesses some anti-aging properties, it is a smart way to consume it even when you are in your 30s.
- And last but not least, having a pinch of turmeric in milk can help in speeding up the healing of your wound. You can even consume turmeric milk with almond oil as a refreshing beverage.
This takes us to the end of the blog. Hope you find this information helpful. Stay safe and healthy!